Products – DataBlocs K-12 Data Model
The foundation of any solid reporting and analytical solution is the data model. DataBlocs K-12 Data Model is a commercial-off-the-shelf (COTS) data solution and as such eliminates the need for lengthy and expensive design and development phases, thereby reducing the overall project timeline, cost and risk. The DDM-K12 consists of two integral modules:
- Data Integration Services—Pre-built extract, transform, and load (ETL) scripts
- Standard Data Model—An Enterprise Data Warehouse consisting of the -proven data model with the supporting data quality and metadata.
- DDM-K12 is a complete data solution that includes a comprehensive data model and robust ETL capabilities.
- DDM-K12 data model supports the integration, cleansing and analysis of more than 2,000 data elements across 20+ data domains.
- The DataBlocs data warehouse provides the ability to produce longitudinal summaries across any available time period or level of data aggregation.
- There are no limits on the scope of data or detail that can be stored and analyzed.
- DDM-K12 is scalable and will provide the necessary room to grow and accept data from many sources in order to continually improve student success.
- Includes pre-packaged ETL routines which evolved over a period of more than 10 years and include thousands of data quality and validation checks developed and refined through processing millions of education data records.
- DDM-K12is architected so that it can be scaled horizontally as well as vertically to meet the growing and changing needs of our customers.
- The DDM -K12data model expands with each new release, based largely on customer-driven data collection needs, and at no additional cost – product upgrades are covered under standard maintenance and support fees.
Data categories maintained in the DataBlocs K-12 Data Model:
- Student Demographics and Attributes
- Course and Class Attributes
- Class Summary
- Student Attendance
- Assessments and Assessment Results
- Title I Programs
- Food Service and Medicaid
- Special Education Students
- Special Education Services
- Location Attributes and Measures
- Program Participation
- Staff Demographics and Attributes
- Course Grades, Quarter Grades, Final Grades
- Course Enrollment
- School Enrollment
- Discipline Incidents
- Disciplinary Action
- Staff Attendance
- Staff Professional Development
- Staff Certifications
- Budgets by Account, Department and Location
- Actual Spending by Account, Department and Location